Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Tessa gave Castle a proud look though she was facing his back, “I think I have a decent chance at translating it,” She informed Wong, “I’m familiar with Ancient Atlantean, I haven’t read it in quite awhile but that is of no consequence, I haven’t read Croatian in a number of months, perhaps even a year but I can still read and write it as if I never stopped.” She had a self-satisfied smile on her face, the most you would get out of her at the information that she could have a chance at translating the Montesi Formula in it’s entirety.
“The wonderful advantage of being a living computer, so to speak.” Tessa paused, that was the most she would say about herself at this point in time, “I’m sure if I was given the book relatively quickly I could have an analysis and translation completed in a timely manner, say within an hour of receiving the book, most probably sooner.” She told Wong, the smile fading from her lips as it was replaced with a much more serious expression.

Tessa moved briskly to catch up with Frank Castle, walking abreast with him, “I realize you have a natural aversion for me, given my need for information and your obvious annoyance at such trivial matters. But, you really must learn not to under-estimate those around you, most especially if you have not understanding of what they are capable of.” She paused her voice was curt as she spoke to the Punishers leader, “As I’m certain you have not yet pin-pointed what I am, I’ll explain it to you Mr. Castle, I am a mutant. My mind works better than the world’s best computer, I recall things quicker than any other human being, I remember everything, including the exact shape your fist created in the wall; I am also classified as a genius, with low-level telepathy.” Tessa gave him a sidelong look, “if you question my validity and capability in the matter of translating the text, I assure you my teammates can validate everything I have just informed you of, and I can provide proof of my powers if needed.” She folded her arms, “But such things would stray from your agenda, which I do not wish to encroach upon. So, I suggest you let me look over this book.” Tessa finished, dropping into silence and stealing herself mentally for the response she would receive, she had not been the most diplomatic in her words but she was frustrated with Castle’s behavior, and her frustration was only evidence in the curt manner she spoke with him.
“’Toria, if he attempts to throw me against a wall and I am not quick enough to gauge his actions before he does so, can you telekinetically move me away from him?” Tessa asked mentally.
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread