Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Tessa watched the rest of the group leave then turned to Wong, “I think that was our cue to get started.” She was appreciative that Castle seemed to have a shred of intelligence and capacity to overcome his borderline rage to recognize help when it was standing right beside him, “I’ll need to compare the text to the Atlantean language I’m familiar with, since I’m positive it is much older than the books I have read, the process will take longer than for example translating a French dinner menu into English.” Her tone was completely professional but her last words had a subtle tone of amusement.
“But, before any of you start doubting my abilities I am fully capable of doing such a task given the proper window of opportunity and time.” Tessa assured them, letting a smile grace her otherwise indifferent face.

Turning on the spectacles she was wearing she brought up a holographic image of what she had compiled of the Atlantean alphabet and text she had read while in Atlantis for reference purposes once she began her endeavor. Tessa also pondered the thought of getting an internet connection to aid her as well, but doubted if that would be at all possible in this building. As she sorted through files she also sorted through any memory she had that might be useful to the translation, remembering briefly the scrolls that were on the walls in Atlantis, the ones both she and Hank had been curious about. Forming a coherent file for those scrolls in particular she brought them up in hologram form as well, giving the area around her an eerie green glow from her display.
“I hope none of you mind the glow, it’s unfortunately inescapable at this point.” Tessa joked, making herself comfortable and eyeing Spiderman in particular. Out of the team, newcomers excluded she knew the least amount of information about their resident webslinger, sure they had spoken but most often it was discussions on their difference of opinion.
“You are Catholic, correct?” She asked him in an inquiring tone, “I realize we’ve haven’t really spoken, but I just had to ask you if you felt as if Castle was correct in his assumption that we would need a man of faith on our side?” Tessa paused in her speech as she scrolled down one of the holograms, “Now, if I were more inclined to take things personally I would have assumed he meant that we could not rely on my skills alone, that some form of prayer would be needed and I’m just curious as to whether that is your thought as well.” The young cyberpath was multi-tasking as usual; it came naturally, and she figured if she didn’t speak than her three companions would let a harsh silence fall over the room. Not that she was opposed to silence, she liked it most days, but she felt this might actually be a chance to get some useful data on one of her less talkative teammates.
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread