Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Peter watched the lead Punisher as he delivered orders to members of both teams. Peter expected that he would go with the others towards Westchester after the monsters' ring leader, but Castle seemed to think otherwise. The arachnid was to stay with Tessa as she tried to unravel the ancient Atlantean text of the spell. He did little to hide his dislike for the task he had been appointed. He hated the thought of being stuck here doing nothing while the others fought for their lives and those of the city. But he knew that Frank would not be swayed from his decision, and the spider reluctantly rejoined Tessa and the two Punishers.
Peter watched the rest of the team disappear from sight before bringing his gaze to the few that remained in the room. He made his way to the ceiling above the others and watched Tessa as she went to work. He would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed with her skills. She certainly was an intelligent woman, always having her priorities straight and making sure that the team remained focused on the current goal, and even though the only words that seemed to be spoken between the two were arguements or disagreements, she had earned his respect.
He turned his mind away from his thoughts, bringing his attention once again to the living computer who had asked the spider a series of questions. Finding himself doing nothing of importance and realizing that now was as good as time as any to get to know the female member of the Watch, he went ahead and answered her questions.
"Yeah, I'm a Catholic."
It was a religion that he had inherited from his parents but one he had come to cherish dearly throughout his life. It provided reassurance, guidance, and strength for the masked arachnid not to mention that it was one of the few things that kept him going during that decade of hell.
"And no, I don't think you need 'a man of faith' with you. Faith isn't a weapon, it's a belief. All the vampires fear is the little metal crucifix on my father's rosary. You could have Barry holding the thing infront of them and it'd probably have the same effect. Personally, I think you guys can handle yourselves. If push came to shove you could just recite what parts of the spell you have and fry any vampires that came your way, not to mention all the gizmos and gadgets you two have."
Peter nodded towards the two members of the Punishers.
"I guess I'm just here so you three don't have to deal with such annoyances and can concentrate on your work without distraction."

Messages In This Thread