Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
“Apology accepted, though in future it will not be needed.” Tessa told Spiderman with a smile, “I’ve grown a thick skin to arguments and quarrels and I don’t expect everybody to see it my way, I can be initially offended and wounded, but I don’t carry grudges…unless your name is Warren Worthington, in that case their may be bad blood between us.” She was teasing, she was certain that the masked arachnid was not the billionaire playboy who broke her heart.
“I apologize for my behavior as well, occasionally I can get zealous. Thank you for the information on your age, I appreciate that you felt you could give me that tidbit of data.”

Her attention was then drawn away from the conversation as Wong set the Book of the Darkhold in front of her, as he let the book rest open on the passage of ancient Atlantean text she fought to keep the look of awe off of her face, but Dan had obviously caught that and her look of apprehension.
“I’ll admit, this is not nearly similar enough to the Atlantean I know for it to be a quick translation, but it does not look impossible, I will merely have to search other avenues to get a proper translation started.” Tessa informed them, “You obviously have parts translated, and if I could hear or read those it would be helpful.” She let her finger trace the first few words on the paper, her mind was attempting to place the conjuncture of words as well as trying to find words and patterns that were similar to the more recent texts she had read in Atlantis.

It would be a challenge even for the genius, but she was feeling less apprehensive by the moment. All the translating would take was patience and a thorough analysis of the text itself, or at least that is what she was hoping for. Tessa was not allowing herself to think that this project was beyond her capabilities, because if it was she would have to explain the failure to her team and to the Punishers, something she was not willing to do at this point in time.
“Are than any other salvageable books within this building, perhaps something used by linguist’s, I have passages from a linguistic book stored but it is a study of modern languages, something that studies ancient languages would be useful as a cross reference.” Tessa said, closing one of the holograms down to allow more room for the modern linguistic passages.
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread