Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
"To tell you the truth, Barry, until Dr. Strange plucked me from my reality, I didn't KNOW my name. It wasn't until he placed me with the rest of the Watch that he identified my name as Norrin. It might not even be my real name, but for now it's all I have to go on. As far as the point of my origins? Your guess is as good as mine. The first thing that I can remember is waking up next to a large crater in the ground. There were burn marks on the ground encircling it. It looked as if something big had discharged an enormous amount of energy. There were dozens of other smaller craters near the place where I awoke. Upon my regaining consciousness, I felt a splitting pain in my head as I tried to recall anything about what brought me to this place. It was just a big void. It was like opening your eyes in the dark. There really is no point to it, because the view is the same. I couldn't remember no matter what I did. There was nothing besides fields for as far as I could see. Just fields, the craters, and my shining Silver board. I quickly became aware that there were no others that had my same appearance. I wandered into a sparsely populated area, and immediately people started to run from me. Those that didn't run started to throw things at me and threaten me. They called me a mutie and a freak. They told me to go back to the rock that I crawled out from underneath, and I became discouraged. I continued to walk past that small town and eventually ended up in New York. I started sleeping in the streets with the rest of the destitute and downtrodden. I befriended some people who had also been cast out by society. They called themselves the Morlocks and they took up residence beneath the streets. We all took care of each other, but still no one had any clues as to who I was. I had all but given up hope when I was appoached by Dr. Strange. Now I begin my search anew. With any luck, someone in one of these realities can shed some light as to who I am, and if not, then perhaps I might talk to Dr. Strange again. He seems to know more than he was letting on."
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread