Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
From Sinister's Diary

"What I find incredible is that throughout all these years, no one has questioned the good Dr. Essex and his lovely daughter's presence in their lives. If Piotr knew the truth behind Illyana's death he would most likely become unhinged. Perish the thought...although, Illyana did come to me willingly and most beguilingly as well.
However, since that little liasion I have taken steps to ensure that my darling Victoria shall never know the womanly pains that burden the fairer sex. Should she ever stray from my side, I am safe in knowing that she will never create a child of her own. However, should she want one I would be willing to help her in this process. A child of two such powerful mutants would be unstoppable. How could I refuse those soul searching brown eyes? I am anxiously awaiting the day she fully matures into the woman I see behind the teenager she looks to be."

~~~~~~~~

"I can't be pregnant. I mean, this just is not the right time!" Victoria rationalized to herself, deep within her mind. She had to seek out a place where Hank wouldn't hear her thoughts, and blessedly enough, the Phoenix was stoic and said nothing.
"Is there ever a good time? Seriously Victoria! You know it could happen. After Atlantis, after all Scott did for you, it changed things within you. Hank showed you the test results. How can you even question it? You've done the math, you're trying to put your finger on the mood swings? Hello...it's the obvious answer."
But was it an answer she was ready for? Victoria wasn't sure. Looking over at Hank, she smiled softly and continued to listen as Vance talked. Not saying anything. Her mind was more on what was going on with her.
"But you should tell him. I mean, if there's a remote chance you are, he should know."
"But not in the middle of this! I mean, remember how everyone coddled Marie. Could you imagine that? I'd pull my hair out. Besides, it's only a "Chance" doesn't mean I am."
"A chance is still a chance..."
Victoria bit down on her bottom lip as the inner battle raged within her. As distant as Hank had been lately, if she told him this, what would it do? Would he move further away? And if she found out she wasn't...would he think it was only a ploy for his attentions again? She was entirely too confused right now for her own good. And with everything else going on, it wasn't like this was a good time for her to have a heart to heart with Hank, or even a girl talk with Tessa.
Victoria felt very much like she was standing at a crossroads in her life. Either way she turned, she wasn't sure she was going to like the consequences. Trying to get her mind off of it, she looked over at Hank again.
"What's on your mind Green? You've been uncharacteristically silent."
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread