Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Tessa glanced sidelong at Wong, “If it is too much of a chore to find the books that are still in safekeeping you don’t have to worry about retrieving them, I have enough information with the translated portions and my own data to begin attempting a translation.” She read through the translated part of the Montesi formula a few times, committing it to memory and study the syntax of it, “If I can take the information from this portion and utilize it for my own translation it should make the project a shade simpler.” She compared the new information to the text in front of her, picking out what had been translated very quickly and beginning to compare sentence structure and words to other portions of the text.

It was taxing even for her own genius brain, but she felt useful and she appreciated the chance to prove herself to this group of individuals, she also could not overlook the light of hope that she saw in the Asian mans expression and eyes, the Punishers could use this information if the Watch wasn’t fully successful in their eradication of these creatures.

Repeating the translated passage in both her native tongue and English she imitated the intonation of Wong almost perfectly, continuing to work on the ancient spell, typing out sentence, realizing she had gotten some part of it incorrect and then erasing it once again and starting from scratch. At point she felt like she had gotten in over her head, but Tessa knew that if she persisted in the end she would be successful, she’d only ever had a handful of failures and she wasn’t allowing this to be one of them, even if it did drain her both mentally and physically to piece the translated text together and finish the rest of the translation.
“It’s a shame that the library was destroyed, I’m sure there were many inventive and exciting volumes upon these shelves, things I would have loved to look through if they were still intact.” She commented, and then looked up at Dan.
“At least you’ve realized that it’s no use to search for the prestige and welcoming awe of the masses, I respect that in this group. In many ways it makes you more focused, more efficient.” Her gaze drifted back to her work as she continued to speak, “I had a powerful standing in society once, I’m not entirely certain I would welcome that situation again, it comes with the added knowledge that there will be pressure for you to perform as others expect you to.”
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread