Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Hank looked over at 'Toria. "Hmm? Sorry just thinking. I didn't think I would be heading 'home' so soon." he said softly, moving closer so his arm brushed against her's as they walked side by side. "I suppose that and Vance's short roundup of what's what here has stirred up some old memories." he continued in the same hushed tone. "I was worried before that we might lose more people on this trip. Now i'm equally concerned I am going to have to kill people I knew.. know as friends."

He paused to consider his words and looked away along the road ahead into the darkness beyond. Even while engaged in a conversation, his senses were working almost autonomously and he overheard Vance's caustic remark, unintended eavesdropping being one of the unfortunate side effects of his extended mutation. "We have been relatively fortunate to date that we haven't faced this situation more often. I know things might have gone badly with Wade, but I trusted your instincts there and was proved correct. But here..." he paused again. "I just have a bad feeling that if we do succeed here, we are going to come out of this one with more than a scratch or two to show for it."

He watched 'Toria closely as she mulled over what he had said, then raising his voice enough so that the others might hear he asked. "What about the institute? Xavier's? What should we expect defence wise?"
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread