Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Rogue enjoyed the feel of the wind on her face and the freedom at her fingertips. It was hard to remember a time when she felt this free. She actually smiled, and laughed out loud. It might have been a bit inappropriate in the given situation, but she didn’t care. She felt amazing. It was kind of like her first session with Professor Xavier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The voices in my head are so loud, I can’t hardly hear myself think.,” she admitted to the kind bald man. “They don’t stop, they just keep haunting me.” Pulling her knees into her chest and wrapping her arms around her legs, she just sobbed. “I can feel their pain. I can hear their screaming. I can feel them die.”

“I can help you, if you’ll let me,” his strong voice replied. “I trust you, can you trust me?” Reaching a hand out, he laid it on the top of her head. In that simple connection he entered her mind. The voices were overwhelming, it was a wonder this poor girl could think. Within seconds Professor Xavier built a brick wall in her mind to silence the screaming.

“How’d you do that?”, she lifted her head up.

“It’s a trick that telepaths use to block out interference. You have to start of slow, one brick at a time. All you have to do is concentrate. Imagine the brick, and imagine placing it. If you practice and focus, and concentrate, soon you will have a whole wall. Can you do that?”

Looking at the man and seeing the kindness in his eyes, she paused. Choking tears back she slowly nodded and whispered, “I’ll try.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One brick at a time, she thought. One brick at a time

Messages In This Thread