Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Tessa couldn’t contain the second shutter she felt course through her at the sight of the vampiric McCoy, quickly making sure she could reach the firearm she had been given earlier in the evening, she went back to her work. Determined to finish the translation now that she had been assured she was on the correct path, and pushing the fact that McCoy was moving in her general direction to the back of her mind she started a new part of the text, typing things in, analyzing their tone then deleting them once again.
“Wong, tell me what you know of those two vampires.” Tessa said simply, closing one of the information documents she no longer needed to open a new one, “I know what my versions and the Watch’s versions are like but I want to know what the vampire versions are like.” Tessa continued to type furiously, continuing in the same methodical way she had been using, but quickening her pace by a hair.
“Know thy enemy.” She murmured more to herself than to her present company.

Sage didn’t want to get caught by the vampires mid translation without any knowledge of them, though essentially there were three people those vampires had to get through before they reached the cyberpath; she still didn’t feel she could risk taking her time with the translation and remaining clueless to their adversaries abilities. Confident that she was on solid ground with the language she finished another sentence towards the end of the text, deleting words and working back through to replace them with different translated words.
“Niles, do not let yourself get sidetracked, you are finally gaining headway in this project.” She told herself mentally, her fingers moving over the holographic keyboard at a frightening speed, taking brief pauses so Tessa could evaluate her written words.

Glancing through the window once again she picked up the firearm and made sure it was loaded, mentally going through how to use that particular form of gun. Once she had assured herself that it was in fact load she quickly saved her work to the specs database and her own mind.
“I would assume that I am not a target in general, since I have not come in contact with any vampire save the Red Death so they would not know my exact powers and talents.” Tessa stated, glancing at Wong briefly, “We are merely unlucky enough to be in the general vicinity of this attack.”
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread