Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Tessa wiped the stunned expression from her face, refusing to let the fear that was biting at the edges of her mind to take control. She could handle this, she had been in the courtroom with serial killers, murderers, rapists, and when it all boiled down Mad McCoy still fit in that category of evil.
“My apologies, perhaps I didn’t say it loud enough.” Her blue eyes remained unblinking behind her specs, the young mutants genius brain already theorizing at least two different possibilities of what the large vampire would do next. Taking a breath she began to recite the incantation again, moving backwards slowly to put distance between herself and the vampire.

“Wong, can you construct that barrier once again if this fails to work on McCoy?” She projected mentally, still keeping her face a mask of unconcern as she continued to recite the incantation, “I’m theorizing that he’ll strike if I don’t succeed, like an predatory creature would do when weaker prey is in sight. I may have the complexion of somebody who is undead, but I don’t look forward to parting with my blood.” A small bit of humor managed to escape in her mind-voice as she reached the table she had previously been sitting at and grabbed for the gun she knew would be laying there.

Tessa leveled the weapon at Mad McCoy as she halted her retreat and stood very still, the only movement on her entire body was her mouth as she spoke.
“ When I reach the last word, throw the barrier up regardless.” She physically fought the tremor that was fighting to make it’s way into the hand that was holding the weapon, any sign of weakness would not be advantageous to the sorcerer and genius.
[albumsig]25[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread