Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
He made it. Barely, but he had. Tessa was safe, for the moment. But keeping the demonic version of Mr. McCoy away from her was only half the battle. Now, he had to find a way to keep its attention on him, beat it, and survive in the process. Right now, it appeared he had accomplished the first of the three.
Peter leapt backwards, firing multiple rounds of impact webbing at the beast, his rosary being caught in the wind as it hung from his neck. If this version of Beast was anything like the one he worked with, he knew the webbing would not hold him for more than a few seconds if even that. But he needed all the time he could get and at the very least it would keep the monstrosity's focus on him.
But the futile effort of his webbing was the least of his problems. It was clearly evident to the spider that he was in trouble. His punches hadn't done more than annoy the vampire. If he kept going at it head on he was going to exhaust himself and become easy prey for 'Hank.' He would have to rely on his speed and spider sense to keep him one step ahead of the demon and buy him as much time as he could; but in there lay a problem as well. Simply dodging attacks and firing web wasn't going to defeat the beast, and as strong as he was, his continuous acrobatics would eventually start to tire him. As Peter continued to move and unload blotches of sticky silk at the vampire, he knew that the moment his reflexes started to slow, the beast's attacks was going to cnnect.
"If I can't beat him physically, my only other hope is for Tessa to get the chant to work. But she tried it already, twice infact, and both times it failed. Did she translate it wrong? Maybe Hank's to strong of a vampire to be effected by it. Or maybe he's found a way to shield himself from it. Whatever the reason I gotta find a way to get the spell to work or I'm not going to last much longer."
The spider refused to let panic take him, he was too experienced to do so. He had faced an army of sentinels, Weapon X, Doctor Octopus, and the two symiotic spawns of the V.E.N.O.M. project. He had gotten through those, he would get through this. He just had to stay calm, collected, and at all times moving.
Keeping his eyes on 'Hank' Peter shouted out to Tessa, hoping that she and Wong might be able to provide some kind of aid.
"Hey Tessa! Now would be a very good time to fix the spell and use to burn this guy to ashes!"

Messages In This Thread