Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
"I apologize, Rogue. I probably frightened you beyond belief. I know you probably have many questions for me. To answer the one that more than likely plagues you the most, I am the TRUE Silver Surfer. The memory loss that my friend here suffers is no memory loss at all. The fact of the matter is, he HAS no memory to recall from to begin with. When I betrayed Galactus back in my reality, he didn't strip me of my memories. Instead he placed my consciousness into my surfboard and left my orginal body a mindless husk. Galactus ignited some life in my original body, however, and now it believes itself to be the original Norrin Radd and acts as a member of your team. Since the surfboard is more like an extension of my soul, I am able to make a limited psychic connection to my original body from where my mind is now doomed to rest. I am able to feed it limited psychic suggestions, and assist the Watch in whatever way I can. I have just recently tried feeding it memories of my past to help it understand what happened to me. Perhaps if it knows what happened to me, Galactus's curse will be broken. Another part of my punishment is that I am only able to walk around as I am now while my old body is in an unconscious state. Since I don't require sleep, I am more often than not trapped within the confines of my board. Also, while in this state that you currently see me in, I am without the majority of my power. I retain my impervious silver skin and my ability to heal others, but the raw power that I once held now belongs solely to my other half. It is as if Galactus gave the power to crush worlds to one with the struggling and still learning mind of a child."

The REAL Norrin tried to explain his plight in the best way possible. He hoped he was not confusing or scaring his young teammate in any way.

"Now, are there any other questions I can answer before my other self regains his awareness?"
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread