Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
Hank crouched silently, looking down at the scrap of ripped cloth in one hand and the bladed feather still gripped in his other fist, gripped so tightly so as to almost draw blood. Warren was gone. The vampires were gone. They had won again. "So why do i feel that we.. that I have lost something?" The snarling animal reflection did not answer but simply stared back at him from the surface of the blade as though posing it's own questions. As he pushed himself to his feet, he caught sight of 'Toria's reflection over his own shoulder. He wanted to go to her and hold her, but she had been so distant recently, preoccupied with everything else that had happened around them. But more than that she seemed so focused away from him that he was unsure if his advances would be welcomed.

Hank closed his eyes, his head dropping slighly as his shoulders sagged. Carefully wrapping the scrap of Warren's uniform tightly around the feather blade, Hank obscured the reflections which tormented him. Without even fully understanding why he kept it, although he was aware that he had performed this act of retaining a keepsake before, Hank pushed the covered blade into the deep pocket on the thigh of his pants. He half listened to the conversations between his team mates, both those audible to him and the ones he could still overhear on his mental link to 'Toria. Everyone seemed ok if still shaken. "I'm going to check out the Institute." he said aloud. "See if I can find out how much damage has been done to this reality." This was at least partially true although he really just wanted some quiet time to think. Without waiting for a response Hank took several quick steps forward and then launched himself skywards. He glanced backwards as he arced into the night sky towards this reality's version of his former home, his eyes fixed on 'Toria standing in the clearing behind him.
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread