Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Two: Black as Night
She stood there silently and watched him go. Her expression had went from one of relief to one of intense sadness.
Shaking her head, she pushed a wayward strand of white hair behind her ear.
"Well, I guess that answers that question." she muttered to herself as Hank bounded off.
Once again, she felt that swell of unreasonable anger flow through her. Much like the one she had experienced at Dr. Strange's abode in this reality. And the Phoenix, blissfully silent. The only thing that played across her mindscape right now, was an eerie image of her father. Which only succeeded in making her even madder than she was. Clinching her fist, she turned away from everyone and took a couple of deep breaths. Doing her best to contain whatever it was lurking beneath the surface.
"No use standing around here, I'm going to check some things out myself." she stalked off in the opposite direction of what Hank had gone, melding into the trees and talking to herself the entire way.
"You know, I understand the need to check things out, I understand all that happy crap. But Jesus Christ!" her irritation welled as she shook her head again. She tried concentrating on the sky and the things around her, but one thought kept creeping in and she finally voiced it.
"Why should I tell him anything? It's pretty obvious to me he's avoiding me for some reason. Why should I even rationalize it to myself. He's probably already heard the thoughts in my head, so he knows what I'm thinking...so there you go." letting out a slight growl of frustration, she levitated herself up into the nearest tree and sat down on a limb.
"I didn't ask for this. I didn't KNOW it could even happen...and I may not be...but somethings going on with me and I can't even discuss it with the man I love."
Leaning against the tree, she let out a deep sigh and closed her eyes.
"This just sucks. I'm ready to go home."
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread