Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the WORST comic you've read recently and why?
The worst, and I mean ABSOLUTE WORST comic I've ever read would probably be the last comic series I ever read.

I, for as long as I have been able to know the difference between breast milk and spaghetti, have been a HUGE Batman fanatic. I had/read every comic. I followed every series, read every graphic novel, watched every movie. That is, right up until the conclusion of the Knightfall series. Ok, so I admit, I am a purist. I cared nothing for the 'Jean-Paul Valley' version of Batman, in comparison to Bruce Wayne. Though I think it would have been awesome for HIM to be Batman's sidekick, instead of that perpetually pubescent twerp whose name I will not mention (I'd sooner confess the existence of a second Highlander movie). But I did enjoy the Knightfall saga, that is, until they brought Bruce Wayne back. Now, hear me out. I'm not upset that they brought him back. I'm pissed at the fact that they had to create such a ridiculous storyline to do it. I mean, he makes it with a shaman healer, and BOOM! he can walk again? Come on, give me a break. That was the most ridiculous comeback, the most pathetic resolution of a series I have EVER seen. It left such a bad taste in my mouth, I quit reading. I haven't picked up a comic since. I just can't get into it anymore. Don't get me wrong. I still like XMEN, Spidey, and the like. I just can't see investing that much of myself getting involved in a storyline again. Maybe someday I'll get over the sting of the bad experience. Maybe someone will lead me to a better way........
[Image: status.php?host=74.137.121.93]

Messages In This Thread