Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your favorite X-Man & X-Villian?
My favorite X-Man is and always will be, no matter what sort of visage his crappy second mutation gives him, will be Dr. Henry McCoy, the bouncing blue Beast. His mix of intelligence, wit, charm and kindness makes him one of the most intrigueing characters in comics. I don't particularly care for his more feline appearance these days, but underneath it all he is still my favorite. Maybe some day soon he will get his proper countenance back. And right after that maybe he'll rejoin the Avengers. Yeah...a fanboy can dream, can't he?

My favorite villain is a much harder choice. Considering the flavor of any given villain can change so much with whomever happens to be writing his/her latest appearance, it is hard to pin it down. But over all, I think my vote goes to Sabretooth. Back in the mid-nineties there was a short span were the guy was extremely scary. After Wolverine popped a claw through his brain, and before he was forced to join X-Factor, he was a joy to read, in that edge-of-your-seat sort of way. During that time period Xavier took him in and tried to rehabilitate him similar to the way he had Logan years earlier. But as we all know, Sabretooth is beyond help, and Betsy Braddock paid the price. Those issues were great. During that time he was viewed by many of the X-Men as no more than a lost puppy. But we all knew the truth. We knew what was about to happen, and what Victor Creed was capable of. But in the end, we were powerless to stop it.

Over the years Sabretooth has been written in a few different ways, but through it all he remains my favorite X-Villain of all time.

Messages In This Thread