Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your favorite X-Man & X-Villian?
Favorite X-Man: Archangel

Practically speaking, my entire liking of the character is based around 8 simple pages that was used as a filler story in my first comic (it was Dutch BTW, but its more about what Warren did than which language he said it in). This story, originally from Uncanny X-Men Annual #16, is what made Archangel such a cool character to me. It's flashback to the Mutant Massacre, so we've got Warren hanging there by his wings, pretty much dying, when he gets visited by Amalgam. (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=168">http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/character ... ldAuto=168</a><!-- m -->) A sort of Angel of Death. She promises him that he can fight on after death via her, just like his teammates (supposedly Cyclops and Beast have already given their lives to her, so they can fight on). Obviously Warren refuses at first, but when Amalgam manifests Cyclops and Beast, to illustrate her point, Warren gives in and she kisses him, so she can 'absorb' his psyche in her. Turns out, he isn't dying and that his friends would soon save him, and that he was a... fighter. Basically, Warren didn't do anything spectacularly cool, but somehow I just really liked him (just like when I read Mutant Massacre years later, Angel almost gives up his life in order to save Thor). And, I loved the return of the wings, because that was so powerful, especially with Warren going unconscious with tears streaming down his face.
Basically, Warren is a cool character, and a founder no less. I didn't really like Austen's approach to him (removing the blue skin and hooking him up with Paige), although I've come to accept the renewed skin.

Favorite Villain: Sinister or Magneto
Magneto, because for a long time he was the team's Dr. Doom, who, of course rocks, and I loved him running the school. That whole period of a 'grey' Magneto just plain rocks. And Sinister for reasons already stated above.

Messages In This Thread