Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your favorite Avengers and stories...
The Mighty Thor Wrote:One of my favorite Thor moments of recent years is during the last major Ultron storyline, when the team finally made it to his stronghold where he had his "family" strung up. Thor busts down the wall and utters what became an instantly classic line..."Ultron, we would have words with thee!"

Still gives me chills to this day.

There was a good segment of time, between Thor leaving in #150 and returning for the Korvac saga, when Thor pulled a lot of these out of the blue Thank Odin he's here save the day last minute appearances. Nefaria, Ultron and Graviton stand out as these occasions but there may have been more. The Ultron moment you mention above, I believe, was Kurt Busiek paying homage. Every one of these saves were usually last page cliffhangers with much fury and lightning that would make the reader wet their pants waiting for the next issue. These scenes made you fully aware Thor was a god. Although my fave A period was the 1970s Steve Englehart stories, too many times the thunder god was just one of the guys - these dramatic saves were a nice change of pace.

Glenn

Messages In This Thread