Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victoria-You can never go home again-The Watch v1.1
Victoria knew it was only a matter of time, she knew that he would be watching for her, watching her every move once she came home. But she didn't care.
The following morning, Peter managed to sneak off from work to go with Victoria to see her parents.
"You look nervous, anything you didn't tell me?" Peter asked as they walked up the steps to the house.
"Yeah, but nows not the time." she whispered as she went to knock on the door. Surprise crossed her face as the door flew open and Kitty stood there tapping her foot.
"Well, it's about time." Kitty's voice sounded a bit stern and Peter rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as Victoria gave him the evil eye.
"You called my mom before *I* did!" turning away from a very blushing Peter Parker, Victoria threw herself into her mom's arms and hugged her close.
"God I've missed you." she whispered into her ear. As the two embraced, a large shadow loomed over them both. Victoria opened her tear filled eyes to see Piotr Rasputin standing over his wife and adopted daughter.
As the hug ended, Kitty ushered them into the house and closed the door. Victoria looked up at Piotr and smiled. This was going to be tough and she knew it.
"Um..Hi Poppa..." She pushed her hair out of her face and glanced over her shoulder at Peter for some reassurance, but he was busy being berated by Kitty for not bringing her home sooner.
"You've had us all worried." his thick Russian accent hadn't changed at all. Even the passage of time had been kind of Piotr and Kitty.
"I'm sorry...it's a really long story and I want to tell you all about it..." she began, but before she could finish the sentence, Piotr's hand was on her shoulder.
"I'm sure you do, come...let's find a seat." moving into the living room, Victoria sat down nervously on the sofa and to her surprise, Piotr sat down right next to her. Pulling her into his arms, he hugged her tightly to him.
She sat stunned for a moment. Slowly she hugged him back and heard tears in his voice as he spoke.
"I thought we had lost you forever. I thought, he had gotten to you and..." he couldn't continue, he just held her close. Victoria looked up at Kitty who smiled down at them both with tears streaming down her cheeks. Peter stood next to her, smiling all the same. It had taken more years than any of them could count, but Piotr had finally admitted his love for his adopted daughter.
"I'm fine Poppa...and wait until you hear what I've been doing." she leaned back and reached up to touch his cheek and smiled with tears in her eyes as well.

The sun was already setting by the time Victoria finished her tale. Piotr and Kitty sat in shocked amazement at it all.
"It's...wow." Kitty said, leaning back in her chair and exhaling.
"I know, it's alot to take in...and I even have a hard time with it somedays." Victoria leaned forward for a moment, letting her elbows rest on her knees and her chin rest in her hands.
"I'm just thankful that it's all over." she sighed. "I mean, I'm going to continue to work for Dr. Strange. I have to. It's the right thing to do. But I know everyone here is safe, and alive...and I'm making a difference somewhere." Leaning back against the sofa again, she looked over at her father as he spoke.
"But Snowflake, I have to know something. This...Hank...is he who we think he is? I know your mother and I are both wondering the same thing."
Victoria had deliberately left out the details of Hank. Other than mentioning his name, she wasn't sure how Kitty and Piotr were going to react. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and sighed.
"He is...but it's not what you think! It's not like they were the same person. Green is..well...alot younger than Mr. McCoy was when we knew him...and well, he's Green...and Poppa...he means alot to me." she smiled as Peter took her hand and winked.
"And someone once again, beat me to the punch." he laughed as Kitty rolled her eyes.
"Peter Parker, you've been around Victoria forever. You've had your chances boy!" she wagged a finger at him as Victoria blushed. But Piotr's fingers came to rest under Victoria's chin and turned her face to his. Looking very stoic and almost unreadable, he spoke.
"I will have words with this Hank McCoy."
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread