Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain America #28
First off Ed, welcome to Comics Uncovered Smile

Seconds, yes Isaiah Bradley(?) was from ‘The Truth: Red, White and Black’, a great miniseries also by Robert Morales (who I believe was the writer of #28 here). The story retconned a whole "hidden history" into the Super Soldier program where the serum was first tested on black recruits. Isaiah was the last one to survive. His story was of course swept under the carpet, making Steve Rogers supposedly the first and only super soldier. That's the story, Morales demonstrated an ability to use Cap in a complex, intelligent way; questioning the value of symbols and glancing at the gap between the ideal and the reality without questioning the veracity of Steve Rodgers himself. It is actually a reasonably well thought out and believable (in context at least) story, given the other secret testing that the US goverment did carry out unsuspecting troops and civilians in the past. The art is a bit too cartoony for my tastes, but that's the only downside.

As to the events of #28, I suspect that this "infinihedron" (I think the -hedron suffix means a solid with a particular number of faces, like dodecahedron is a 12 sided solid) may be a "cosmic cube" by another name. Given Cap's reluctance to use the Cube in the past to fix the world's ills, I think what we may be seeing is a possible future if Cap did make changes. Does that make sense? Anyways, I suspect we will never know as Marvel has given the book to Kirkman and so it's back to fighting the spandex brigade and the end to philosophical storylines for old winghead! Wink
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread