Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel: Kirkman Teams-Up
Ok, anyone who has read my posts in the past knows that I am not a big fan of Scot Kolins artwork. The guy's page designs are nice, but the overall renderings leave me wanting. His style seems to consist of nothing but single line pencil work with no variance in line weight, or heavy black shadows. Its like he leaves all of the shadow work to his colorist. His art looks good on the surface, but once I really take a good look I can see all the little things about it that I don't like.

With that being said, I must say that this new Marvel Team-Up book sounds VERY intriguing. I like the idea of being able to sit down with one book every month and get a nice overview story consisting of the entire Marvel Universe. Its like being able to check in on all the characters who's books I can't afford to buy each month, or even characters who don't have their own book. It sounds like a splendid idea to me. So, even with Scot Kolins on pencils, I will give serious thought to picking this book up come November.

Messages In This Thread