Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping Ship...
The only thing that intrigues me about Astonishing X-Men is the artist, John Cassiday. But that is not enough to make me pick up the book.

Scott Summers has turned into a character that I do not like to read anymore. I know we've discussed this before, but he no longer resembles the character that I grew up reading and respecting. White Queen at one time (Generation X and Hellfire Club days) held an interest for me, but ever since achieving full membership on the team, and head mistress status over the school, she seems to only be around to annoy me. I've always loved Shadowcat, and I have no idea how she is being portrayed in Astonishing, but she alone is not going to make me pick up the book. Beast is my favorite X-Man of all time, but ever since Grant Morrison got his hands on him, I can't even look at the guy anymore. Even if Cassiday manages to draw him better than any other artsit I have seen since the mutation. And lastly, as much as I dig Wolverine, I don't have to read Astonishing to get my Logan fix. I can simply pick up any other book that Marvel publishes, because I know the Canucklehead will show up eventually.

So, while I respect Joss Whedon and his writing, I don't think we'll be picking up Astonishing. If Joss moved to any other book, I would probably give it a shot. But this is the one Marvel book I have the least amount of curiosity about. For the best X-Men stories around, and this surprises even me that I am saying this, I will stick with Ultimate X-Men.

Messages In This Thread