Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping Ship...
Personally I think Astonishing X-Men is all it's chalked up to be. Joss Whedon is doing a great job of giving these characters "real life" personalities and his storyline so far has been riveting. Plus, he has recently included an old favorite into the story[spoiler]COLOSSUS!!!!!!!!!!!!![/spoiler]
I know what Chanty and TMT are probably thinking. I was the one that recommended NEW X-MEN to them when Grant (drug head) Morrison took over, but THIS TIME IT'S DIFFERENT, I SWEAR!!!! I am with you on one thing, though. I don't like the character of Cyclops anymore, and White Queen just rubs me the wrong way(omit joke). However, Whedon is adressing this fact by having ALL of the other characters tell the two of them exactly how they feel about it. It's a very sore subject in the X-Mansion. I have another theory as well. It was MORRISON who set Cyclops and White Queen on the path that they are on, and Whedon can't just dissolve that overnight and maintain proper storytelling. Marvel as a whole is taking positive steps to sweep Morrison's writing under the rug, and Whedon is doing just that while at the same time cranking out compelling storylines with nail-biting cliffhangers that I personally can't wait a whole month to find out what happens. This book comes with one of MY PERSONAL highest recommendations. You're decisions are ultimately your own, but I suggest at least giving it a try. I can almost guarantee there will be something that will appeal to you.
When life hands you lemons, you gotta squirt lemon juice and life's eye and make it your B!TCH
[albumsig]29[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread