Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping Ship...
[spoiler]To say they "they" ruined it is a bit harsh. Piotr's ressurection itself doesn't "ruin" his death, but rather, how his ressurection is handled will determine whether it was a good thing or bad thing. Now I know some will say that bringing any character back from the dead is just stupid...but I think it can be quite the positive if handled properly.

Plus...given who the writer is we can't even be certain he did bring the big Russian back until we read the next issue. For all we know this could be the Piotr from Exile's Weapon X. A "replacement" if you will. Peter's still dead as a door nail, but now all the X-Men might have to deal with a stranger wearing a friend's face.

Granted, there is a 99% chance this isn't the case, but as long as the possibility remains I'm willing to provide the benefit of the doubt. Now I know Chanty's not a Buffy fan, but Joss has ressurescted a few characters before...and each time he's handled it brillantly in my opinion. It's never an overnight thing with him where the character is suddenly back and in the swing of things. In one way or another there is always a believeably period of time where adjustments have to be made and certain obstacles overcome.

Hell...for all we know this could not be Pete at all but instead a clone. Or better yet....a robot. Because quite frankly I still think that mutant signature "002" couldn't be anyone other than Jean as she and Scott were Xavier's first two students (if memory serves me correctly, Jean was actually the first...) But like I said...I wouldn't judge the book badly just based on a certain characters appearance given the fact that it might not be that character at all. Hell...everything that Kitty experienced could have been the creation of a newly alive again and very pissed off Pheonix.

And to think I originally thought this thread was about Chamber leaving the X-Men for Weapon X. Silly me.[/spoiler]

Big Grin

Messages In This Thread