Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Japan-Assignment Drunken Pirate Party!
She walked silently down the beach for a while. Doing nothing but tossing a stick for Vicki to retrieve and bring back, and watching the waves slowly lap against the shoreline.
Sitting down, Vicki came running back panting, looking happier than AJ had seen her in some time.
"Ah know, sorry about that. We just haven't had alot of time together, have we?" Reaching out to rub her fur, she jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder.
"Neither have we." She didn't need to turn around, she knew who the voice belonged to.
"Hey..." was all she said as she did finally turn to stare up into the most magnificant blue eyes she had ever seen.
"Is that all I get, "hey"..." Rhys reached his hand down to help her up and AJ promptly hugged him.
"There, that's better." he smiled down at her.
It was then she noticed how quietly Vicki was sitting at his side. Vicki...HATED men. So now, all of a sudden...Rhys was her best friend? Then things started to fall into place and she gazed up at him with an accusing glare.
"You've been using my dog, to spy on me?" her voice had a slight edge to it and he noticed.
"Not spy...remember, I told you I care not what you do while in this mortal realm. However, the instant you get hurt, I will know." she had turned her head away from him, but he took her chin in his fingers and forced her to look at him.
"Angel...I haven't been spying...but I do know things. I know "he's" here...I know that adorable cat girl you've always fancied is here...and I know you've made a friend in another wordly being." She jerked away from him for a moment. Feeling very much like she was under a microscope.
Rhys threw his hands up in the air and sighed.
"Mortals! They are rubbing off on you and I don't like the stench!" there was laughter in his tone, but AJ was not amused.
"Then leave. You're the one who sent me out here. I was more than ready to stay in Avalon, but NO! YOU sent me here. So now, you're going to sit back and deal with the consequences of YOUR actions!" She was tired, achy and just plain pissed off at this point.
"Angel, I didn't mean anything by it. Yes, I know what the arrangement was. Take a century, take longer if you like. I'll be waiting. I just came to ease your pain, that's all." He reached out and touched her damaged wing and instantly it quit throbbing. Rhys had a magick all his own and she never had really realized what it was.
"Rhys..." she had a brokenhearted look on her face as he turned to leave.
"Don't leave mad at me...Ah...Ah know...this is all just so difficult. Ah haven't told any of them yet. Ah can't..."
His only reply to her before he disappeared was simply...
"You can't run forever from it."
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread