Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Japan-Assignment Drunken Pirate Party!
Gladly accepting the fresh drink that Cam had poured for him, ‘Vok raised his glass to his friends. Winking in Kei’s direction, the much more comfortable Skrull quipped, “Nah, me gave up eating young girls years ago. And yes,” ‘Vok said as Chandi poked and prodded at his alien features, “the chin comes standard on all Skrull models. And no amount of poking will make it go away, doll. So ye can stop tryin’. And just so ye know, De me mate, Skrulls ain’t any kind of goblin, or any other earthly creature fer that matter. Skrulls come from up there,” he said as his finger pointed in the direction of the heavens. “Fer lack of more delicate way to put it, I’m an alien. And as fer the name goes, you can keep on calling me John if ye like. I’ve been goin’ by John so long that I don’t even blink no more. But if ye want a moniker more exotic, me mates in the Starjammers used to call me ‘Vok.”

It felt wonderful to finally let his secrets go, and put his full trust in the Guardians. Trust was something that did not come easily to the Skrull, considering the many undesirable types that he had fallen in with over the years. But the curious reactions that he was receiving from his new friends told him that he had made the right choice. But there was one thing on his mind that wouldn’t go away. AJ was all alone back at the Cove, unable to enjoy the evenings eventful happenings. Looking over the faces of his teammates, ‘Vok smiled and said, “Well, me thinks ye all need a moment to digest the idea of having an alien on yer team, so if ye don’t mind, I think I’ll excuse meself for a moment.”

‘Vok rose from his seat and quickly shifted his facial features back to those of John Starling and made his way away from the table, slapping Cam on the back as he did, “Thanks mate...fer everything.” Finding the closest thing to a quiet corner in the crowded bar, ‘Vok keyed the comm band around his wrist, hoping that the pink haired beauty on the other end would answer, “Are ye there, darlin’?”

Messages In This Thread