Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost
I had the wonderful fortune to be able to see the encore showing of the first two hours of 'Lost' on ABC last night. I had been hearing all of the wonderful reviews of this new show, and really wanted to see what the hype was all about. The only problem was that it is up against Smallville on Wednesday nights. Now, while I feel that Smallville is slipping a little in its fourth season, I am not ready to give up on it just yet. And due to an odd fluke in our Satellite system, we are not able to record one show while watching another. So I figured I was doomed to never seeing Lost. But then I read that ABC was rerunning it on Saturday night, and I couldn't be happier.

The show is based on 46 (or so) survivors of a mysterious plane crash that are now stranded on a tropical island. But what we don't know going in is that there is more than meets the eye to this island. There are unseen dangers in the jungle and they have taken at least one victim so far, leaving him dead in the tree tops. I won't give up much more than that.

It is a fairly simple premise actually, but where it comes into greatness is in the writing. The characters, of which there are many, all seem to have fully fleshed out personalities. In a matter of two hours we get to know most of them pretty quickly and learn to love/hate many of them. The show is fairly slow paced, giving plenty of time for the stroies to develop. Between the pacing and the vast amount of charaters to explore, I can see this show sticking around for a while. I now know I will be torn on Wednesday nights when it comes time to decide what to watch.

Messages In This Thread