Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spider-Man: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire - The Watch
Peter swore under his breath as he tried to shake off the blow he had just recieved.
"How could I have been so stupid?! I'm not wearing my cloaking device! The moment I stepped back into my world any mutant tracking device in the country would have detected my mutant signature. They've probably been tracking me all this time."
His eyes went wide as he came to the horrid realization of what he had almost done.
"Which means that I almost lead them right to my friends."
Any further thoughts were interupted by a sharp shriek that rang in his head. Instinctively his legs propelled him away from where he lay, narrowly avoiding the force beams that were headed for him. Unfortunately, he didn't jump far enough. The spider was no longer there to hit, so something else had to fill the void, and that something happened to be the car he had been slammed into moments ago. The attack torn through the car, destroying any resemblance it once held to its former self. The arachnid was helplessly caught in the resulting explosion and sent flying.
He shook his head to clear it but he was not given the time. His spider sense screamed at him to move and he did, this time jumping further and aiming for a nearby wall. But the Sentinels were one step ahead of him. One of the three fired a blast where the spider used to be, the force of which threw off the arachnid's jump, sending him spiraling for the wall. But he never reached the wall. His course was intercepted by another blast, hitting him square in his chest. Instead of reaching the building's exterior, he went through it. Pain was searing through his body, threatening to overwhelm him. His vision was blurred, his costume nearly burnt away. The thick stench of fresh blood mixed with the scent of burnt flesh flooded his nostrils. He suddenly found himself on the ground buried in a pile of rubble, struggling to free himself. The earth around him shook as the mechanic predators moved towards their prey.
"Get up Peter! Get up! You've gone through too much crap to get home to just suddenly die. Fight damn it! Fight!"
He purged his mind of the pain the burnt away at his insides, forcing his body to ignore it, forcing himself to free himself and stand. His legs reluctantly replied, but threatened to give in any moment. The approaching tremors stopped. He couldn't see them, but he knew they were right on top of him. Their leader's emotionless voice rung out informing him of how bad his pain was.
"Intense bodily damage suffered. Three ribs on left side cracked. One on the right broken. Left arm fractured. Life signs from target detected. Continuing with objective."
His spider sense flared up once again, but this time, he did not run from them, he ran at them. He propelled himself high into the air. He already knew that he was going to get caught in the explosion of the blasts he had narrowly dodged, but instead of being taken by them, he used them to send him higher, sending him flying above the head of one of the Sentinels. As he began to decend two strands of silk fired from his wrists, connecting with the back of the monsters head. As he fell towards the ground, he dragged his opponent with him. It came crashing down on the streets below, shaking the world around him. He didn't feel it. He was already in the air, moving towards Sentinel number two, knowing that he would have long before the fallen giant recovered. Like the one before it he leapt over its robotic skull, but this time he landed behind it. A thick silver strand was spun around the monster's neck and then suddenly tightened. He pulled with all his might, finally succeeding in dislodging the head from the rest of the body. Still grasping the webline, he proceeding with swinging the head around in a circle, trying to build up speed so he could use it like a wrecking ball. He never got the chance.
The third Sentinel had calculated his movements, and retaliated by striking Peter with dual concussion blasts from its eyes. The forced knocked loose the webline from his hand and once again sent him flying into a building. The decapitated Sentinel and its removed skull plummeted onto its fallen friend, resulting in an explostion that destroyed them both. The thrid one was unphased by this. It moved towards its fallen advesary. Its sensors read its life signs, informing the Sentinel that the mutant was barely maintaining conscienceness.
The minature earthquakes moving towards him directed the spider's eyes towards his impending doom. He couldn't move, couldn't feel his legs. His whole body screamed at him in agonizing pain, overwhelming him, paralyzing him.
"Get up Peter! He's going to...to kill you! ... please...get up...GET UP!"
His pleas went unheard. His body was not responding. The towering beheamoth continued its approach.
"I'm not going...to make it. Can't...move."
The giant stopped, looking down at the crushed body before it. It aimed its left palm at the fallen spider, one which began to emit a golden glow that grew larger by the second.
"...mom...dad...I'm sorry..."
The beam was charged, the Sentinel moments away from attacking. His mind were suddenly engulfed by the piercing sound of a rupturing thunder. Before him flashed a blinding light, followed by a thick shroud of smoke and flames. And then the world went dark.

Messages In This Thread