Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
Alex stood shaking, almost spitting with rage. The cup of Christ had almost been in his grasp. He had almost been cured of the cursed desire for blood with which he had been burdened. Two long years it had taken Ekimus and himself to locate the Templar's hiding place. Two years of false starts and dead ends. The Templar's had almost managed to spirit the Grail from this last refuge too when Ekimus and Alex had fallen upon them. The battle with the supposed servants of God had been vicious with no quarter given by either side, but it seemed to Alex that the tide had been turning to his advantage when a blinding almost incandescent light had appeared in the centre of the cavern that was their chosen battle field, sending both sides flying back away from each other.

The light had formed a rippling barrier across the cavern, preventing Alex and Ekimus from pursuing the fleeing knights and their prize. From beneath the ever changing surface of the barrier a figure had emerged, clad in a long flowing cloak. "It is not yet time for you to relinquish your desire. There are other worlds which require your strength and gifts before you can claim your prize. You are needed Alex Elder. I am Stephen Strange. I shall be you guide." The mellow but powerful voice flowed into the chamber as the stranger motioned towards the light. It was almost as if withing the shimmering veil behind the figure visions of shattered realities cascaded against each other, the fate of each more precarious than the last. Somehow knowing the truth contained in the words, Alex felt his rage subside.

"I shall continue to track the Templar Knights Alex. The Grail shall not elude us forever." said Ekimus quietly, his hand tight on Alex' shoulder. "When you return, all shall be ready for you." Alex nodded, and reached up to grip the hand of his ancient mentor. "Keep an eye on Joe and Zaury for me too. Scarlet can take care of herself. Mostly." he said, unsure of when he would see his old friend again. "I shall do what must be done." replied Ekimus, then paused for a moment. "Here. Take this." He unravelled the long vestment which hung around his neck and placed it around Alex' shoulders. Alex looked stunned, first at the red and black scarf and then back up at Ekimus. "Th..Thanks. I will bring it back to you."

Turning towards Strange, Alex followed the man into the light.

-----------------------------

"I'm really on the moon!" thought Alex as he looked up at the blue white marble which hung above the Watcher's chamber. It had been several days now and he was still not quite used to that fact. Dragging his eyes back into the room, Alex pulled his scarf straight and took a step towards the rest of the group that had been gathered. "Uh. Hi there. I guess you are the other's the Strange dude here told me about. 'The one's like me. With.. abilities." He looked around a little uneasily then continued "'The Watch'? Sounds like we should be in a comic book or something." he smiled as he held out his hand to the white haired woman walking towards him. "I'm Alex. Alex Elder. " He looked her up and down. "Nice outfit. Looks like we might share the same taste in tailors."
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread