Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
Victoria smiled at Iron Fist as he complimented her sword.
"Thank you, and to answer the question I'm sure is hovering around in there somewhere, yes, I know how to use it. I was trained by one of the best." as he wandered off to make his introductions, Victoria watched them all silently for a moment. At Logan's remark to Barry however, she spoke up.
"Alright people, listen up. I don't know if any of you have any experience in what you are about to undertake but there are a few things you need to know. First off, I've been doing this for a long time, too long if you ask me. I've seen it all and done it too. Some of you might have "abilities" some of you might not. That's your business. However, it's a personal quest of my own to make sure you all make it back here alive...somewhat alive, or mostly living. Paige can attest to that. We've lost entirely too many team members. When we leave here, we leave as a TEAM. Which means your egos stay here, your attitudes as well. If you've got a beef with someone, leave it.
My name, since it's been asked...is Victoria Essex, my codename is Sinistra and I don't use it. Use whatever name you want, call yourself Mickey Mouse, I don't care. But I will give you one word of caution....and Barry and Paige are my proof. If I tell you to move out of my way, do it. My "abilities" are rather...unique. I've been called the team's "Last Resort" on too many occasions, and I've decimated an entire army of adamnatum robots with only a thought, and nearly killed a couple of team mates in the process. I will also warn you...I am a telepath. While I do not dig around into people's minds, the thoughts you toss out there on the forefront of your mind, bombard me. I don't care how disgusted you are with the prospect of working with this team..." she paused and looked directly at Logan. "Or how much fun you think this is going to be..." turning her gaze back to Abbey momentarily..."You're here to do a job. And I will warn you, you will come across people you might know from your reality. You have to learn to disconcern who's who. During my time doing this, I've come across my Godfather, my adopted father, my sister's boyfriend...my ex boyfriend and a guy who's been trying to kill me for about 60 years... I'll leave that last one for you to figure out." she smiled slightly before turning back to the group.
"I'm only telling you all this for your own good. You can listen...."Or you can listen, the choice is yours."
Finding a seat, she sat down and looked up at Uatu for a moment.
"What? Like you didn't think someone was going to warn them all? Geeze..." knowing the entity wouldn't speak, or even acknowledge her existance she sat back and waited for the fallout of her words to take effect.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread