Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
Victoria snickered a little at Barry's remark to Iron Fist before replying to the man.
"Yes, You heard me correctly. In my reality, I am the last and only tie that the cosmic force known as the Phoenix has to Earth. That's why I'm referred to as the "last resort". Sure, I've got telepathy, telekinesis and can shape shift into some pretty neat things, but in the end, it always comes down to summoning the Phoenix when a situation gets too bad. Don't worry, I've been a host for it for a very long time, I have it well under control." This speech had almost gotten routine for her. So many times she would see people cringe in fear at her mention of the Phoenix Force, she had gotten used to having to diffuse their fears.
Now however, she knew she would have to talk to Dr. Strange before they left. Since his little spell session with the Phoenix, it had been blissfully silent in Victoria's mind...and that worried her. Even during the last assignment, she could barely coerce it into a small display of fire and light. Something was definately wrong, but she wasn't going to tell anyone that.
"God Hank, I miss you..." she thought absentmindedly as she sat there next to Barry. Bringing her attention back to the here and now, she looked over at Alex Elder, then back at Iron Fist.
"Why do you ask about the Phoenix? If you've got some grudge against it, take it up with Strange."
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread