Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
Standing in the corridor outside Uatu's chamber, Victoria paced back and forth for a few moments. It wasn't hard to hear Paige's outburst or Abbey's muffled reply. She groaned outwardly at it and almost stepped back inside to keep Paige from hurling herself at Abbey. Husk had a temper that burned hotter than her own, Victoria passed it off as all the southern blood flowing through those Guthrie veins.
Taking a deep breath, she leaned against the wall and called out softly.
"Dr Strange... Stephen...I need to talk to you. Astral form or not, I still need to talk to you before you address everyone else, before we leave. I need to know exactly WHAT you did to the Phoenix Force before we left on the last assignment." It was as if she was talking to herself, but she knew Strange had a way of being everywhere at once, so it didn't matter. Her voice was soft enough that she knew the others inside would not hear her.
"It's too quiet and barely answers when I call or doesn't answer at all. To say I'm worried is an understatement, I've already got people in there threatening to kill me if need be. Not that that bothers me, I mean, bigger men have tried." she gave off a half hearted laugh and closed her eyes for a brief moment.
"I can't spend this entire mission worrying about whether or not the Phoenix is playing a game with me, or that something is wrong with it. There's too many people's lives on the line."
Taking another deep breath, she exhaled slowly and did her best to clear her mind of the churning thoughts that filled it.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread