Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
From her spot in the alley Victoria shook off the eerie voice of the Phoenix in her head.
"What the hell is going on with it?" she whispered to herself. But what she couldn't shake was no matter how hard she tried to find a psyche she knew, none existed. It caused a lump to form in her throat as thoughts of what could have happened to this reality to cause most of the people she knew to not exist.
She was brought out of her thoughts by the booming voice coming from down the street. Peering around the corner she saw Iron Fist, Alex and Barry being questioned by the man with the horses. Something about his manner of dress, his speech, it rang a bell inside her mind somewhere but she couldn't place it.
She had two choices, she could stay where she was and let these guys try to work their way out of it. Or she could move in and if they got taken, at least she'd be with them and be able to help.
With a fingertip to her lips, she smiled darkly. It was something she hadn't used in a long time, but she felt now was the right time. Closing her eyes and inhaling sharply, she willed herself invisible. Satisfied with what she had done, she opened her eyes and walked out of the alley.
"Barry, Alex...Iron Fist...I'm right behind you...you just can't see me. Don't freak out. I just want to know what's going on."
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread