Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
Alex hung back towards the tail end of the group, unsure of their wouldbe saviours. The words of Ekimus seemed to fill his head as he dawdled, looking around at a feature in the tunnel walls or floor, and allowed the distance between himself and the main group increase. It was obvious to Alex that they were being taken by a less than direct route, and he for one wasn't willing to allow himself to become disorientated.

~~~~~~~~~~

"You should always be mindful of your situation before you set out on a course of action."

Ekimus was waffling on again like some second rate librarian. Alex flapped his hand in front of his mouth feigning a yawn and bringing a titter from Joe perched high up in the rafters. How many times did he have to listen to the same thing? "Alex you are too rash. Alex you must be more careful. Alex you shouldn't rush headlong into a pack of werewolves before counting how many there are first." His attention was brought forcibly back to the present by the large leatherbound tome which whistled past his right ear. "Being dead already does not mean you cannot be destroyed Alex Elder." Ekimus suddenly loomed over Alex, his long face overcome by a mask of anger. "The path laid out before you will provide many opportunities for you to Suffer." He hissed through his fanged teeth. "Does an eternity of suffering appeal to you?"

Taken aback by Ekimus' venom, Alex backed away hurriedly. Pushing himself upward and away from the flagstones of the church floor Alex soared into the rafters, peering down at his self appointed mentor fuming below. "Like you have because of Lisseth?" he asked, wishing as soons as the words passed his lips that he had remained silent.

Far below Ekimus' shoulders slumped, and he stooped to pick up the thrown book. "Yes Alex Elder." he almost sighed the words. "I would not wish such suffering on another." He padded across to his table and leaned against it heavily. "If only I paused for a moment then and taken the time to recognise that danger.." He paused, looking upwards, his eyes piercing the darkness of the church and easily finding Alex' form hidden in the shadows. "..then none of the damage Lisseth has caused would have come to pass and you would still be living your life in ignorance." Alex looked over at Joe, looking for answers but finding the other vampire speechless.

"How could you have.." he began to ask. ".. known?" Ekimus completed his question and answered it. "I am one of the elder race. One of the supposed guardians. I should have recognised Lisseth for what she was. I should have considered the consequences of our actions. But I was too embittered. Too Rash. I took her words and actions at face value. I should have known that evil has more than one face with which to trick the unwary."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex paused just inside the doorway of the large chamber, eyeing the inhabitants ever more warily. "Victoria." He thought hard at the white haired telepath, hoping she would pick up his thoughts. "Ms Essex. Victoria. he paused for a moment then continued. "I don't like this. I'm glad to be away from those horn heads but we could all be walking from the obvious trap into a much more subtle but no less dangerous one." He knew he was giving away too much of himself. She may be able to sense that he wasn't as dumb or naive a kid as he made out. "We should be ready for anything."
[albumsig]6[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread