Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
The silver haired mutant didn’t know how to respond to the greeting he received from Victoria. He had become increasingly cautious of everyone and everything since the false gods had moved into the neighborhood. And he was especially untrusting of strangers. So this whole situation irritated the notoriously short tempered Quicksilver to no end. Why would Porjyst bring this troupe here? “They needed our help? So does every man, woman and child on this rock, but you know as well as I do that we can’t help them all...not yet at least. It isn’t time.” Pietro had decided to ignore Victoria’s greeting for the time being. If he had to, he would deal with the platinum blonde later.

Their guide, the man Quicksilver referred to as Porjyst, picked up the conversation where Pietro’s annoyance had let it slack, “The prophecy my people speak of is one of many proclaimed by our Seer. It says that a man being fleet of foot will one day return to us in our greatest time of need.” Quicksilver took an intimidating step in Barry’s direction as Porjyst explained, “And no, I didn’t fulfill the prophecy, and neither will you. For my friend here left out a key part of the prophecy. It says that ‘a son of the realm’ will be the one to return, and you look even less Asgardian than I do, kid.” Porjyst chuckled at his hot headed friend, “I’m afraid he is right my young friend, I do not believe you to be here to fulfill any prophecies. I simply brought you and your friends here to get you away from Hogun and Yarsug.”

It was then that a large bald man with crazy wild eyes stepped from the gathering crowd. He looked as though his mind was a million different places at once, but he managed to focus his attention completely on Franki as he said, “I do not know what type of information you seek young one, but I must insist that you explain yourself and your companions first. I know all that there is and all that there ever will be and not once have I gleaned a group such as yours.”

Messages In This Thread