Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
His voice was in her head again and it was getting unnerving. It was like a warm blanket on a winter night when he spoke to her. The problem was, Who was he?
"Do you grow weary of their ways?" the voice washed over her and it sent chills through her. Gathering her cloak around her, she stood her ground by Barry and gave Logan a smug look as Pietro got up in his face. He was not unlike the Pietro Maximoff she knew.
"Would you two knock it off? This isn't getting anyone anywhere." Victoria reached up and rubbed her temples and closed her eyes for a moment. She could vaguely sense fear running through some of the people around them, but she couldn't pin point who it was. Definately not Quicksilver, he wasn't afraid of anything. And that brought another funny smile to her face, animating her dark eyes with just a sparkle of light.
"You want to know what we know of Kya, step this way Pietro. I hold the answers you seek. But careful, one false move and I reign hellfire down upon us all."
She arched her eyebrow as a challenge at him and let her grip on her cloak fall. Sure, the latter part was an outright lie now that the Phoenix had feld, but she had two choices... Lie to him to get his attention or lie to him to get his attention.
"Logan isn't the one you need to speak to. He speaks in broad generalizations and has half of the story. While Barry here might not be your savior, I think out of anyone in this group of misfits from reality lost that can answer your questions...it would be me." She addressed him out loud this time so everyone could hear the conversation.
"Let's hope this work kids...otherwise, I've been on the wrong side of the Maximoff bad temper...and the Phoenix is NOTHING compared to that!" Glancing back over her shoulder, past a flowing white strand of hair, Victoria smiled at Paige and the rest of the group.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread