Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
“I never said we weren’t here to...” Victoria started as Pietro walked off. She shook her head and kicked at the ground slightly with the tip of her boot. Pietro Maximoff had always gotten under her skin and apparently, no matter the reality, always would.

Victoria gave concerned look as Abbey began showing them the information she had found. This wasn’t helping matters at all. Whether written by the Asgardians or Dr. Strange, she felt that familiar feeling of dread curl up in the pit of her stomach.

But then, just like the proverbial light bulb coming on, she paused and placed a pale fingertip to her lips. Her mind began to analyze the situation and part of her secretly wished she had a pen, a pad of paper, and a huge furry green mutant to help her figure this one out. But Hank wasn’t here...or maybe he was but it wasn’t her “Hank.”

Somewhere inside her a soft male laugh issued forth in her mind. “Still thinking of him? You’re nothing more than a memory to him. I can see him now, all cuddled up to the blonde goddess.” It was taking her some time to get used to this new voice.
“Oh do shut up!” she said aloud and the blushed just a bit.
“Sorry, it’s all part of being a telepath, too many voices whirling around all at once in my head.” she tried to smile but it came off as a haphazard attempt.
“Ok, back to the task at hand...so, who’s up for getting this war underway and getting home soon?” she pulled her cloak around her just a bit tighter, hoping that would keep her misgivings at bay.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread