Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
Victoria smiled at Paige and shook her head.
"No, I don't think so. But I'd love to "beat" her. Just for old times sake."
She kicked her booted foot against the ground, her mind drifting to Hank again.
"Gods above I miss you, Green."

~~~~~~~~~

Victoria's head swam just a bit. Her eyes felt so heavy, she had to fight to open them. Slowly, the world came into focus. The harsh white light above her caused her to squint. Her voice sounded hollow as she called out for the one person she knew would be by her side.
"Hank..."
Instantly she felt his big furry hand wrap around her own. Turning her head, she blinked several times to get her eyes to focus on his face.
"Am I dead?" she asked in all seriousness.
"Fortunately not, my dear doctor." he leaned down and kissed her pale forehead.
"Get some rest, I'll be right here." that was all she needed to hear. Her eyes closed and she drifted back into oblivion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I haven't thought about Atlantis in forever. God, how long ago was that? Yesterday? A year, twenty?" Jumping from reality to reality had taken it's toll on all of them. But most of all, Victoria hated not knowing how long she had been away. How long had it all been gone. It felt like she and Beast had been apart forever.
"Clear your mind. You'll do them no good like this." She told herself, still rolling the sword back and forth in her hand.

"I'm ready to get this over. I'm going home a different person. I need to talk to Strange." she said softly.
She looked around at the group assembled and wondered how many of them would make it out alive this time? Would she ever see Hank again?
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread