Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter Three: The Salvation of Paradise
Victoria had turned her back for a mere moment before Barry came whizzing back with his report of what he had seen. Her long white hair whipped around her as she spun quickly.

“Did you say Hulkbuster base?” if anyone could have sensed her skin go a bit paler, then they definitely would have seen the reaction she had to Barry’s assessment.

Living in New York had its upside. In her reality it was the second largest base of operations for most of the caped and cowled bunch. She’d seen the Hulk a few times herself. And seen enough on the news to know what Hulkbusters were.
It also helped having a unique insight to someone who happened to be Gamma irradiated himself.
“Hank…’ Each day that passed she missed him more and more. It was like a part of her soul had been yanked away.
It was at that moment that the voice who had been filling her head of late decided to talk to her again.
“My sweet, why would you pine for that?” it asked her with a soothing yet sarcastic tone.
“Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers?” She asked it challengingly.
“Just wait, when we get back, I’m talking to Strange. Whoever you are, whatever you are, don’t get comfortable in there. Just because the Phoenix went AWOL doesn’t mean my mind is a halfway house for displaced cosmic entities!”

Turning her attention back to the group, she swallowed hard and went about explaining what she knew of Hulk Busters to the group.

“…so, with all that said now… you guys ready to go? I’m anxious to get this over with.” She said over her shoulder, having already begun walking towards the abandoned base with a grim look of determination in her eyes.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread