Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan - A Glimpse into the Past: Rise of the Phoinex
“Is everything here to your satisfaction, Mr. Fisk?”
Logan slowly tore his eyes away from the extravagant meal that lay before him to face the owner of the question. He wore a fine and eloquent tux that was a black as the night sky, yet such an attire contradicted the nervous smile on the youth’s face. He was used to such uneasiness when he dined here, or anywhere for that matter. The four star restaurants that he had been to had a reputation for hosting some famous faces, but it was not every day that they served one of the most powerful men alive. His very presence seemed to cast an aura of uncertainty that consumed the facility. The owner and his employees did their best to please him, but at the same time they did not want to enkindle his rage, something that this novice was coming close to doing.
This was the second time he had interrupted his meal, each time asking the same question, each time bearing the same nervous smile. It wasn’t hard to see that he was new to the workforce, probably hired only a few weeks ago. Most likely he wished to work here to see the famous faces, to have the trivial knowledge that he got to meet Mr. or Mrs. Popular and provided them with the finest service and meal they had. It would also go to follow, that he had not expected to be serving Alexander Fisk, and the fact that he was caught him off guard, causing him to act like a childish fool.
Logan was almost insulted that they had given him their newest member to serve him and not one of their more experienced waiters, but it was a Friday night, and as such the place was packed, booming with customers and keeping the employees on their toes to try and keep up. The other waiters were probably tied up with other customers, leaving him with the novice.
“Everything is fine, Jarvis.”
The young man’s smile only broadened at this remark, mistakenly taking it as a compliment on his services.
“Glad to hear it, Mr. Fisk. If you need anything do not hesitate to call for me.”
With that the young man walked off, leaving Logan to his meal and his company, who was currently staring through the enormous windows they sat by at the clear night sky and the city that lay underneath it. It was Thomas’ favorite spot, for it allowed him to see the city when he thought it looked most glamorous and at the same time gave him a clear view at the band that was currently playing. Logan had let Thomas chose where they were to eat, and he chose here, which was not surprising. This was always one of his favorite places to eat. He loved to listen to the light jazz that many of the customers were dancing to while the others sat and conversed with their company as they ate. But most of all, this place stood as his favorite because it was the first place that he had Logan had ate together after Logan’s return. He had thought that he would never get to see his brother ever again, but Logan kept his promise that he made so long ago, and came back for him. He loved his big brother more than anything and had always looked up to him with unwavering pride and respect.
“Hey, Alex, I saw on the news how you took out that Juggernaut guy. That was awesome! You beat him in like five seconds.”
Logan continued to eat his meal, not taking his eyes off of it.
“Beating Marko is nothing to celebrate about, Thomas. I could have beaten him blindfolded.”
The remark seemed to discourage the young boy slightly. He glanced down at his food and then over at the people dancing. He watched as they danced, laughing and smiling to each other, having such fun. It had been quite a while since he saw his brother smile. He was always to busy working or training harder. Sure Alex was always there for him, but he missed seeing his brother smile. His eyes lit up as an idea suddenly struck him.
“Hey Alex, how come you never dance like the other people? It looks like fun.”
He had never seen his brother dance before, but he knew he must be good at it. He was good at whatever he tried, and maybe it would get him to have some fun. Logan looked over at his younger brother whose innocent eyes were waiting for a reply.
“It’s a waste of time, Thomas. I have more important things to do than to spend an hour waltzing around.”
The response seemed to silence the young boy for the moment, as he looked down at the steak that lay before him and started to eat it, lost in thought. They sat their quietly, eating away at their selected meals. Logan could tell that Thomas was somewhat disappointed. This would be the last night they would be together before he left. In would only be for a few days, a week at the most, but nonetheless, he would be gone, leaving Thomas by himself. This was supposed to be Thomas’ night, he was supposed to have fun, supposed to enjoy this, but he could tell that he wasn’t.
“Remember to continue your training while I’m gone. Work on keeping your defenses, especially on your left side. When I get back I’m going to test you to see how well you’ve done.”
Thomas merely nodded and Logan rebuked himself silently for not being able to say something more meaningful or comforting. He looked down at his meal, thinking to himself, and then pushed it aside.
“Alright, Thomas. If you could do one thing tonight before I leave, what would it be?”
His little brother’s eyes seemed to sparkle and his sullen expression gave way to a large smile.
“Anything at all?"
Logan merely nodded and the young boy started to ponder what to do with the power he had been granted. It took him a few seconds, but he finally seemed to make up his mind.
"Well...I've always wanted to..."
He was dragging out his statement, testing his older brother to see if he was really going to allow him his wish.
"I've always wanted to know what it's like to...fly."
Thomas looked at his brother anxiously, wondering if his brother would take him up on his request. Logan was pondering that very thought. He knew what his brother was asking. He was asking him to use his gifts and have Thomas soar through the air, something that the child had always wanted but he had thought to be too dangerous.
Logan sat there silently, his arms folded across his chest, thinking. Then, finally, he spoke.
"Alright."
Thomas literally jumped out of his seat in excitement, shouting his joys in the air. Logan allowed this, standing from his seat and putting on his white trench coat that had been draped around the back of his chair. He placed a fair amount of money that would more than cover the cost of their meal and headed out the door with his brother.

Messages In This Thread