Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrible Whispered Rumor...
Don't get me wrong, Truth, I enjoyed the first year of the Giffen League, but after that it became monotonous... and then never ended. It became much like the Poochie episode of "The Simpsons" when Millhouse says, "When are they gonna get to the fireworks factory?"

Here was the League back in the public eye, a fine artist, a heretofore excellent creator and writer - but where was the real Justice League? Where was the superhero action book that had become one of my perennial favorites over the years? Hello? Where was any story at all?

Soon, it became an anathema to me. I got to tune in every month and see my favorite heroes berated as clowns. It was upsetting to see not just classic Charlton hero Blue Beetle belittled, but Booster Gold was a wonderful concept - perhaps Dan Jurgens' greatest achievement - and he had been reduced to a parody as well.

It's so upsetting that I would almost prefer Blue and Gold dead and hospitalized than ridiculed like that again.

Almost.

Three days since I read Countdown and three days since I wrote the review and I'm still enraged. But trust me, despite my words above, what happened to BB in this book is ten times worse than anything Giffen perpetrated on the character.

Glenn Walker

Messages In This Thread