Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assignment Great Britian
He watched them from the shadows. Watching them search Chillingham for him. Problem was, it was already dark outside. The things that happened within that castle after dark even scared Dr. Crane. He had taken refuge here because of it's reputation of being the most haunted place on earth. Problem was, it was starting to drive him deeper into madness the longer he was here.
He watched the little Asian girl as her watch rang and she started talking to it.
"Must be Oracle...With the mention of the Batman, They must work for him. Although, I think my nemesis is slacking if this is the best he can come up with to find me and drag me back. I'm almost insulted! No Robin, no Batgirl, no Nightwing?!?!" Crane's ego would have to wait however. As the Asian girl relayed information from her watch, using the words "He said" and "he thinks" it only made Scarecrow even more convinced that this group came with orders from the winged freak to drag him back to Arkham. But he wasn't going back. Not after what happened last time.

Mulder's orders were simple, smoke him out. But don't split up. The castle had ways of playing tricks on people. When he learned they had yet to venture to the torture chamber, he snickered a little and only asked.
"Are you scared?"

"Scared?" Crane had heard it from his hiding place. They should be scared, but if they were, he'd help things along a bit. Releasing a cloud of his invisible fear toxin into the room, he watched as it started to take effect. But a confused look crossed his face as the only one who seemed not to be affected by it, was the small Asian girl. Why? He was so intrigued he let out a gasp and they all heard it.
Whirling around to find the Scarecrow looming larger than life behind them, the Guardians were all too locked into their own fears to even know what to do.
He seemed huge, larger than life even. The scariest thing any of them had even seen, except for perhaps trasvestite rock stars in platform heels...but De could explain that one later.

"Well...well...well... I'm insulted. This is the best he could do?" Crane's voice had a raspy cracked tone to it as he spoke to the team. "Sad really." He turned his gaze to Kei, and smiled behind the cowl. "You however..." he started walking towards her, his curiousity piqued beyond his own reason.
So caught up in the moment, it almost slipped past all of them that the room had suddenly gotten very cold...very very cold cold...

Messages In This Thread