Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunderbolts
Well, we have jumped ship on the Thunderbolts I am afraid. It was a combination of things really. Our comic book budget was being stretched for one, and this was the easiest book for me to cut. Which in and of itself tells you that I couldn't have been enjoying it all that much if I found it that easy to drop it.

I hated Captain Marvel's (I refuse to call him Photon) new name and new costume. The naked look was terrible. Although in the last issue I read he had adopted a new costume that I like marginally better, but nothing could compare to his red duds. His character no longer has anything in common with the character that Peter David introduced me to a few years back.

The classic T-Bolts characters are still good. I have no problems with them. But the rest of the team...gods, where do I start? Radioactive Man is basically a glowing green version of Namor. His personality is entirely too annoying for me to like him as a front line hero. Speed Demon is a poor man's Quicksilver. Joystick is a throw away character that has no redeeming qualities in my eyes. I would say that of all the new comers, Blizzard is the only one that I buy on the team. He seems to fit in pretty well on this misfit team.

I guess we will have to rely on you guys to fill us in on whats going on with the team from now on though. Because I am still curious as to who the heck the new Swordsman is. I kinda liked that guy. Which I guess is how I would best sum up my feelings of the series as a whole. I kinda liked it, but in this day and age of three dollar cover prices, I need a little more than "kinda."

Messages In This Thread