Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raven House
From Crossgen.com

CrossGen will explore another popular genre in the upcoming gothic thriller RAVEN HOUSE. The creative team of writer Chuck Dixon and artist Leonardo Manco (Apache Skies, Hellblazer) will act as readers’ tour guides through shadowed hallways, hidden passages, and shattered secrets.

“Featuring a gutsy young heroine, a tragic romance, and dark deeds done at the crossroads, RAVEN HOUSE is a creepy gothic thriller in the grand tradition of the Brontés and Henry James,” Dixon stated. “Summoned to England’s wild Cornish coastline, beautiful Meredith Park arrives at the bleak and remote Raven House to serve as a governess for the son of the brooding and handsome Lord Dalamar. But the manor and all around it seem to lie under a curse… and Meredith is compelled to uncover the many long-buried secrets she finds there. Perfectly cast for this type of story, Leonardo Manco is eating the setting up. Every panel drips with uneasiness and dread.”

“Chuck’s exceptional vision for RAVEN HOUSE includes an atmosphere and storytelling comparable to the best of Edgar Allen Poe’s tales, such as The Fall of the House of Usher,” Manco said. “Because the fantastic story goes beyond conventional comic book limits, I’m striving to deliver a completely different and fascinating vision.”

“Macabre mysteries, forbidden passion, spooky surprises…RAVEN HOUSEoozes with the haunting mood that runs through gothic stories from Wuthering Heights to Dark Shadows to the novels of Victoria Holt. Chuck and Leonardo are creating a delectably dark world that will wrap you in its chilling embrace.” CrossGen’s Sr. V.P. of Publishing Bill Rosemann added.

“We’re doing what we do best: exploring genres not often seen in modern comic books,” Dixon said. “There’s a great big world of fiction out there and we want to reach audiences that crave these different types of stories.”

RAVEN HOUSE #1 is scheduled to reach comic book stores in June.

Ok...I've always been a fan of Crossgen's "Non Superhero" Books. It shows that comics can be diverse in many ways and still be successful.
But since the untimely demise of Ruse *which was AWESOME!!!* I'm one book short on my Crossgen monthly list, and I think Raven House may be the book to pick up.

http://www.crossgen.com/company/images/n...nHouse.jpg
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread