Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batman Begins: Your thoughts/feelings/reactions
Personally, I loved it. It deviated from the orginal origin just enough to keep me interested, but at the same time stayed close enough to the character to keep me impressed.

The Costume

I can't complain one bit about the costume or gadgets in this film. True, they wen't with an all black motiff again instead of blending two colors asthey do in the comics, but on the big screen, it works. During a section of the film you practially see him put the costume together peice by peice, based on nessesity, which I love. And nearly every part of the costume is explaining in-film as to what it does, how it works, and why he needs it.

The Story

As I said earlier, it deviated a bit from the traditional Batman origin that we all know and love, but I feel it did so in a good way. Beyond the tweaks made to Bruce's past before Batman, Batman himself stayed more or less the same, which is great. His detective skills were downplayed a little but being a "Year One" film I didn't particularly mind, and the pacing was swift enough to keep the story moving from one point to the next, without sacrificing detail or backstory in the rush.

The Villains

As many of us know by now, not one but Two Batman villains were portrayed within this film. I sure most of us know which two, but for the sake of those who've stayed away from spoilers, internet rumors, and basic chit chat on the street, I'll refrain from mentioning them by name. Suffice it to say that I feel the casting choices for each were spot on (after seeing them in action. Previously I had doubts.), and the portrayals, while a little bit off, were close enough to bring forth the spirit of each character on the theater screen. I've heard some complain about the costume for one said villain, but being a "Year One" type film, I don't see why that character needed to be in full costume at all.

The Batmobile

Sigh..... Ok. We all know that I simply did not like the Batmobile when it was first revealed. I might have even gone so far as to say that I hated it (can't remember), but I will say this. Seeing the movie did not change my opinion. Now now now don't get me wrong! It's fine and dandy and fits perfectly into the world setting and context that this story takes place in. It works. It looks remarkably good in action. However, I simply perfer a sleeker Batmobile with my Batman. Personal preferance. With an Unbaised opinion, it's a good Batmobile. Functional, believable, and even pretty to look at as it's racing down the street. The Truth however would have liked something a little more like a sports car and less like a tank.

The Overall

In this fan's opinion, Batman Begins scores a solid 8.5 out of ten. To the average movie goer it will most likely score less, and to the die-hard fan it will most certainly score less (to many deviations from the comics), but to me, as an "average" fan it was right on target. Good story, great cast, excellent acting, terrific pacing. The only place it losing points really is in the cinematography. When comparing it to the Tim Burton films, the fight scenes while adequate, aren't shown as clearly as they were in other films, and Batman and Bruce Waynee from time to time (albeit very rarely) strayed to far from character even for me.

Despite those little nit-picks however, I strongly reccomend that any comic fan go out and see this moive. If for no other reason than to catch your first glimpse at the new DC Comics movie scroll. Watch out Marvel. Dc's taking it's film properties seriously now and have the pre-movie scroll to prove it. Smile

Messages In This Thread