Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Watch-Victoria “A Spider-Man’s tale”
The Gates of Hell

One thing that had puzzled Victoria was the night before. One minute she had been with Sinister, the next, she was in her room, Peter at her side. She didn’t remember the events that transpired between the two, and it was probably a good thing.

The minute the demons had attacked and pulled Victoria into the portal, something awoke on the other side. Something so awesome and terrifying that few dared speak its name.
She had put up a fight, but in her tired and hypnotic state, it wasn’t much of one. She was bloody and bruised and calling for help.
As they pulled her along through portal and out the other side, even the demons gasped at what was before them.
“She doesn’t belong here.” a commanding female voice boomed to them. Standing at the gates of what looked to be a graveyard, was a woman that could have easily been Victoria’s twin. Long flowing white hair, pale white skin and a sword that brought awe to anyone who gazed upon it.
“It’s Lady Death.” Victoria overheard the demons whispering to one another. She could sense their fear, and wondered if she should be afraid herself.
“I was awoken by the sound of your trespass demons. Now, tell me, who dares drag this mortal into my realm?” the sword infront of her, tip to the ground as both hands rested on it, she eyed each demon careful.
“Lady Death, please, we only do his bidding...” one demon hissed pathetically.
“And he would be? Ahhh...let me guess, since Lucifer is no longer around, I take it N’asthir is trying to take his place. Go, tell your master that he will not drag another mortal into MY domain. He’s lucky I’ve let him live this long. One more trespass by him, and he’ll know my fury.” raising her sword to the demons, she pointed it at them as it began to glow an bluish white color. “Now go.” she said in a lethal voice.
Victoria thought perhaps this was all one of Sinister’s mind games. Another trick inside her head. She told herself she was still in his lab, perhaps already strapped to a table.
As the demons began to flee, Lady Death approached her.
“You have nothing to fear from me.” she said to Victoria, eyeing her up. “It seems you and I are a lot a like in more ways than one, Victoria Essex.”
At the use of her name, Lady Death had Victoria’s attention. “How do you know me?” Victoria asked, a bit puzzled by all this.
Lady Death began to walk away, motioning to Victoria to follow her. “I know more things than I care to. But how I know you, is very simple. You see, someone you knew has found their way here, and mistook me for you. I’ve heard stories about you from Madelyn Pryor before she died, again.” Lady Death shook her head a little, a soft smile on her face, as if she were remembering some long gone day.
“Why am I here?” Victoria walked along side Lady Death through the Endless Graveyard.
“I would assume it’s because N’astirh is trying to find another Queen again. But don’t worry. He cannot leave this realm unless I allow it. I am the Mistress of Hell now.” Lady Death watched the expression on Victoria’s face change for a moment.
“This is hell? Then, I’m dead?” Victoria looked around her at the barren wasteland that was hell. No fires of abomination, no gallows swinging with rotting corpses. Just a barren dark wasteland.
“No, you are not dead. That’s why I told them you don’t belong here. Just as I didn’t when I first came here. I was like you at once, I had a name, a family, love. All that changed.” Lady Death paused near a large gravestone and turned to Victoria.
“This is your way back.” She reached out and touched Victoria’s diamond on her forehead. The instant she touched it, Victoria passed out.
“You won’t remember anything in the morning, it’s better that way.” Lady Death pushed one booted foot against the gravestone and it moved, revealing a staircase. She scooped Victoria up and carried her down the staircase to the concealed portal that lay below.
“Someday, Victoria Essex, someday you’ll stand at my side and fight with me, but today is not that day.” Lady Death placed Victoria into the portal and whispered an incantation to send her on her way back to where she belonged.
[albumsig]18[/albumsig]

Messages In This Thread