Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robin: Crisis on Campus.
Thank you for the kind words Enchantress. I really enjoy reading your stories as well.
___________________________________________________________-

Dick spent the rest of the day talking to other students trying to find out what he could about where the three had been. There was no real connection, one was in his debate team meeting and the other two had other after school events. He decided to check with Gordon and see what he and the police had learned. He knew that the police had been at school talking to people, maybe they learned something he did not. He reached into his bag and got out the cell phone Bruce had given him to use when he was Robin and dialed Gordon’s number.
“Gordon here.”
“Hello. It is me Robin. I have something to ask you. The three kids I busted last night, where did they go after school?”
“It seems no one knows. The last time anyone saw them was at the school. Their parents said they never made it home. Do you know something I do not?”
“No. Did your men find anything on the kids?”
“No nothing.”
“Thanks. I’ll get back to you later.” With that Dick hung up the phone. After talking to Gordon he now knew that what ever happened to these kids happened to them here at school. And there was no mention of the mind control disks. Either Gordon had lied when he said they found nothing or they did not find them. He believed that they had not found them. Dick had read Batman’s files on The Hatter and they said that the mind control devices were very well hidden.
Dick decided to take a look around the school before leaving school.. Who ever tagged the kids yesterday may do it again today. He decided it would be better to look around the school as plain old Dick Grayson instead of Robin The Boy Wonder. The spare costume he kept in his locker would attract too much attention.

Dick made a quick note of what was going on after school today. There was basketball and wrestling practice in the gym and of course detention in the library. Other than that there was nothing else going on.
Most of the school was empty right now, being a Friday night everyone left in a hurry. Dick decided the best place to start would be in the gym. If Hatter was looking for more mind slaves who better than the two best sports teams in the city.
Dick walked into the gym and saw both teams working out. As he looked around he saw that two people who should be there were not. Joe McCoy and Bobby Wallace, the captains of the basketball and wrestling teams.
“Hey where are Joe and Bobby?” He asked someone standing near by.
“They are in the library. Principal Harris would not let them out of detention.” The boy replied. Dick thought that strange. Harris always gave special treatment to the jocks. Dick had to check the library find out what was up.

Dick entered the library and saw both teenagers sitting at a table they both had that same look of being in a trance like the other three and Harris sitting at the main desk.
“The library is not open Mr. Grayson please come back another time.” Harris said.
“Yea sure no problem.” Dick turned to the boys, “Hey why are you to not at practice.” Dick did not expect them to answer.
“Boys show him why you are not at practice.” Harris said. Both of the boys stood up. They were both bigger than Dick, Bobby the captain of the wrestling team out weighed Dick by at least fifty pounds. Dick felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned and saw two more members of the wresting team standing there.
“You should never have come here.” Harris said. “Get rid of him fellows and then meet me out back.” Dick looked around he was out numbered four to one. Well that would not stop him.
Dick thrust his elbow into the boy behind him on the right side. The boy doubled over in pain. The second boy grabbed Dick while Joe punched him in the stomach. Dick kicked Joe in the face sending back a few feet. Dick than planted his own feet on the ground and flipped the second boy over his shoulder and into Bobby who was advancing on them both. Both boys flew back into a book self, sending it down on top of them pinning them down. Dick saw that the door to the library was no longer being blocked. He wanted to get out, he did not want people to see Dick Grayson holding his own over the strongest kids in school. Beside now that he knew Harris was in on this he would be better suited as Robin.
Dick ran out of the library and turned and saw that he was being chased by the Joe and the other boy. Dick decided that if they were in a trance they may not remember him fighting them. He turned, if he could hit their necks than maybe he could take out the mind control disks. The first boy ran full force at Dick. He steeped aside. Dick grabbed the boy’s arm and using the boy’s momentum slammed hint into a locker. Joe grabbed Dick and pulled him close. He got him in a bear hug trying to squeeze until Dick passed out. Dick slammed the heels of his feet onto Joe’s feet forcing him to release his grip. Dick grabbed Joe’s neck and felt the small device. He pulled it free and Joe fell to the ground. Dick did the same thing to the other boy. He got out of there before the boys came to and see what had happened. Dick ran back to the library and saw that the other two were gone. They must have gone to meet Harris. And if that is where they went than that is where Robin would be.

Messages In This Thread