Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assignment - R&R
"All the same to me Pet. I just know I can't wait to get a good night in my own bed and a spend a good mornin' going through my closet." De commented, thinking of the multitude of suits and shoes he'd left behind before heading to the Cove. He'd had some of his things shipped out to him, but certain outfits were just to precious to risk bagging, tagging, and shipping across oceans. "But who ever's going to be where, let's make it quick shall we? Still enough time to hit a spot or two tonight if we stow our things fast."

While the prospect of spending the night in some lounge or club appealed greatly to him, what he really wanted to do was get back to his flat for a moment, just to make sure everything was in order. Following the disappearance of the jet, De had gotten the feeling that the motherland was up to her old tricks again and that nothing would be sacred. Not even the fortress of solitude he called his place. True, the scented oils and candles stashed about his few rooms weren't holy in the least bit, but they'd helped get him to the promised land on more than one occasion.

But even as De's mind wandered to more selfish thoughts, the Guardians found themselves standing in the lobby of their hotel in fornt of a more than a little confused desk clerk who was still waiting to see which three of his newly arrived quests were going to be checking in to the rooms reserved for the party of five. As he sat there tapping his fingers quietly across his desk, and the Guardians chatted warmly among themselves, no one noticed the blinks of motion along the walls. Little shadows of things that raced behind columns and plant fixtures. De caught a slight chill, telling him something was amiss, and AJ could feel the presence of something.....but it was so small and without ill intentions that it was hard to discern exactly what it was.

Messages In This Thread