Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assignment - R&R
With both Chandi and Kei feeling a bit peckish, and Xlorvok having something of an appitite as well, the group decided to take the hotel up on it's gracious offer and enjoy a bit of breakfast. AJ dropped from her perch on the Skrull's sholder just long enough to return to her human size and snag a towel of her own from the bathroom before the four of them made their way into the hall and towards the elevators. Several other guests seemed to be of a like mind, as there was a few minutes wait for a lift and a vernable mass of people located on the third floor. Luckily the hotel had dinning rooms on other floors as well, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was still something of a mess.

Individuals and small parties of people made their ways into whatever room was availible at the time, greeted at the door by bellmen offering those who didn't already have one a towel and directing them towards the nearest washroom where they could change away from prying eyes. Chandi excused herself a moment as she took one for herself and headed off to ditch the bedsheets she'd gathered around herself. The tail of which had already been stepped on more and a few times on their way downstairs. Moments later she rejoined her mates, who were still trying to find a room within which to find purchase, now neatly wrapped like so many others. The entire estabishment had taken on an air of being more of a resort, what with so many of it's guests sporting matching attire, but it still had an air of disorganization to it as stewards and waiters rushed to bring guests their plates and clean up after those who'd finished, all the while others roamed the halls for a place to sit.

As the hotel wasn't near it's maximum occupancy seating was hardly scarce, but finding a free table to accomodate the four of them together took a little longer than the native Australian of the group would have liked. From bedroom to seat was about a half an hour's journey, and it took another 10 for their food to be prepared and served. However, it all proved to be worth the wait. The scents of egg white omletts, crisp bacon, buttery french toast, lightly seasoned hash browns, breakfast potatos, and a wide assortment of other dishes filled the air, only serving to heighten the sensation of hunger of those in the room who'd yet to be served, while at the same time providing a wide array of possible choices for those who'd yet to order.

As they sat there conversing amongst themselves over breakfast, the three ladies looking very spa chic while 'Vok opted to keep his makeshift tunic, they were offered a vast variety of juices, and treated to complimentary plates of fruits including blueberries, strawberries, sliced pineapples, mangos, and cantaloupes. But even the satisfaction of a well prepared breakfast couldn't keep their eyes from wondering, both across the extragant gold trimmed chandiliers that hung from various places on the ceiling, and across some of the other patrons of the hotel. Most seemed to be taking it in stride, though a few were obviously a bit self conscious about eating in a room full of strangers with nothing between them but a bath towel.

This time it would be Chandi who would catch something out of the corner of her eye. Her face was turned slightly upwards as she admired the intricate lacing that lined the ceiling when a glimmer of motion caught her attention. It had been brief, but she was certain she'd seen..... something. It had been small and quick... almost like a mouse... but it had been there.

Meanwhile, across town........

"...it again. I played with your heart. Got lost in the game. Oh baby, baby. Oops!...You think I'm in love. That I'm sent from above. I'm not that innocent"

De didn't normally sing in the shower, but being able to bathe in his own flat for the first time in what felt like ages just made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside like a new pair of shoes. Or a Zylothian parasite worm. Cutting off the water and stepping out of the steam filled washroom, he made he way down the hall and into the kitchen, the cool blast of air erupting from the refridgerator hitting his still wet, and quite naked body, caused his toes to curl and all sorts of hairs to go standing on end. Of course, he was looking in the fridge more out of force of habit than out of hopes of finding anything. He'd discovered it quite empty the night before and had made no efforts to refill it before crashing for the night. He just liked the way the cold air felt on his skin.

He basked in the dichotomy of it for a few seconds before his attention was pulled elsewhere, his seldom used house phone ringing at a volume he didn't recall leaving it at. Never-the-less, fewer than 15 people actually had the number so if someone was calling....something was up. He left the fridge door swing shut as he made his was over to the table by the sofa, a still dripping hand reaching down to pull the reciever up to his ear. The conversation that followed, or at least his half of it, went as such...

"Hello? ...... Oh....hey. ................. Actually I'm here with a few mates on a bit of a retreat. ......... Some goverment bloke with his knickers in a twist. ..................... You know him, eh? ......... Yeah well, to what do I owe this particular call? .............................................. My money. Do with it what I want. ............................... Oh yeah? Bout what? .......... What about 'er? ............. .................. Yeah. Yeah I'm still here. But....you said this morning? ....................................... Um, yeah. I guess so. Does Shy know yet? ............... That limey.. .................. Right. Sorry. ..................................... ..................... ............................... I know. I'll be careful, don't worry. It's not like I haven't dealt wit 'er before. Sides, I've got a few new tricks up my sleeve. .................... Good point. .......................... ............... I know, and I will. ................. Alright. ........... Yeah, I'll call. ........................... Yeah. Love you too Dad."

Messages In This Thread